Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default : Refridgeration compressor question...

There are typically three tubes coming out. Suction,
discharge, and process. By unbrazing the process tube, you
can pour out the lube oil, and replace with similar volume
of ND30. Rebraze it shut. I've done that, and I use the
resulting compressor to compress air for tires, etc. Works,
for me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
Note, the lubricting oil in the compressor typically is
hygroscopic. Absorbs water from the air. You can change
the
oil, and put in ND-30, so the internals don't rust.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ok - I might need to look into this further. According to
the data sheet the
compressor is hermetically sealed - I'm not sure if this
means the
oil/lubrication is not refillable.

I'm trying to use it as a vacuum pump (with the exhaust side
left open).

thanks