Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default : Refridgeration compressor question...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Small refrig meter the refrigerant with a capillary tube. By
the time the compressor restarts, the suction and discharge
pressures are equal.

Try calling a refrigeration repair place near you, and ask
about hard start kits.

Note, the lubricting oil in the compressor typically is
hygroscopic. Absorbs water from the air. You can change the
oil, and put in ND-30, so the internals don't rust.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ok - I might need to look into this further. According to the data sheet the
compressor is hermetically sealed - I'm not sure if this means the
oil/lubrication is not refillable.

I'm trying to use it as a vacuum pump (with the exhaust side left open).

thanks