Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default : Refridgeration compressor question...

Small refrig meter the refrigerant with a capillary tube. By
the time the compressor restarts, the suction and discharge
pressures are equal.

Try calling a refrigeration repair place near you, and ask
about hard start kits.

Note, the lubricting oil in the compressor typically is
hygroscopic. Absorbs water from the air. You can change the
oil, and put in ND-30, so the internals don't rust.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dennis" wrote in message

I pulled the pump out of a very small refrigerator (probably
20 Liter
capacity). The wiring was very simple and looked like it
just went via the
thermostat then direct to the compressor. Is the thermistor
likely to be
internal?

When I tried to restart the motor it was with the intake &
exhaust both open
to ambient atmospheric pressure. Is there pressure
internally that needs to
bleed back or something to reduce the required starting
torque?

Thanks for the reply.