Posted to alt.home.repair

Default chainsaw reccomendation or advice ?

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 15:58:23 -0600, Robert Neville
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote:

I bought a 16" bar Husky, and if I had it to do again, I would go no smaller
than 18", and probably would get a 20.

And I would go exactly the opposite way. I have a 50cc, 20" McCulloch chainsaw.
I purposely wanted 20" to deal with an older willow tree that had a large trunk,
and with the longer bar you need a larger engine.

Once I dealt with that tree, everything else (managing a 2 acre wooded lot)
would be served with a 16" saw that would be far lighter and easier to handle..

Personally I like a small saw with a long bar - My little Remington
came with a short bar - I replaced it with a longer one - it makes it
a lot more flexible (for pruning etc) and added VERY little weight.And
the little monster can handle the long chain in softer woods