Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Drilling set screw

On Sep 24, 10:48*am, wrote:

I've tried drilling them out with what I thought were pretty good
bits. I'm barely knocking the rust off. They are hard. I've used an

I would not be considering heat since it is pretty easy to get to the
set screw as as you say seals could make for an interesting search.

If you don't have a small carbide drill, then what about a small
masonry drill with carbide tips? Check the local hardware store as
ours has them down to 1/8" for drilling mirrors and tiles etc. Slow
and steady and wd40 as cutting fluid.

Dave