Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default chainsaw reccomendation or advice ?

"beecrofter" wrote in message
Stay the hell out of the big box stores and buy from someone who stocks
parts and makes repairs, your saw will be properly set up and the money
tends to stay in town.
You don't need anything bigger than a 16" bar, the high revving engines
now 13,000 rpm cut very well and a bigger saw is just bigger aches and
pains at the end of the day.
The midrange of saws would be the ms290 aka farm boss by Stihl but it's
a lot heavier than what you need.

I bought a 16" bar Husky, and if I had it to do again, I would go no smaller
than 18", and probably would get a 20. If I had it to do again, I would get
a Stihl, but am happy with my Husky now I learned how to start it. Pull it
and give it no gas until it has fired and is running. Probably in the
directions, but I seem to have misplaced them ........ Like any tool,
there's always some situation every once in a while when you need that
little extra.

Steve