Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Fishel Larry Fishel is offline

Default Recommendations for a spring-loader center punch

On Sep 24, 11:24*am, "Robert Green"
wrote:
Not sure what happens to fancy power doors and locks when
they're shorted.

All the cars I've had with power windows and locks had fairly hardy
circuits that did not run through the computer (likely for exactly
this reason). I would be very surprised if they didn't work underwater
for a few minutes at least. I think I remember someone running tests
on this (Mythbusters maybe) and it wasn't usually a problem.

On the other hand, I wouldn't lose much sleep over paying $2.50 for a
punch just in case...