Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default chainsaw reccomendation or advice ?

"Country" wrote in message
On Sep 23, 9:15 am, "robb" wrote:
I have done the google searches. Now the internet is filled with 50/50
conflicting advice and reviews.

Does anyone her have experience with the big retailer brand gas
powered chainsaws ?

I am looking for probably 18"- 20" gas powered chainsaw to clear and
thin out some under brush, saplings, scrub oaks, limbs and
occasional downed trees from my parents wooded property ( there is
about 2 acres of overgrown wooded area they want cleaned up ) .

So, i was looking at the big box DIY stores and i see Homelight,
Poulan, ECHO, Stihl, Blue Max, Ryobi, Poulan Pro, Husqvarna with
prices from 149 - 499.

I would like to stick to lower end prices.

Is there a best of the cheap ?

thanks for helpful replies,
robb

After a couple of years, the Husqvana I had would not start until I
made up a fresh can of gas for it every time. It would not start at
all with gas that I had mixed up just the day before. I heard that
that was common with that brand so I got rid of it. Now, for what
little I've been doing lately, I use an axe or a saw. Great exercise
for this old feller.

reply:

A 26 ton splitter works fine, too. After having my sternum split into two
pieces by some kind of special bone splitter the doctor uses, it hasn't been
up to splitting any wood. I mean I can still do it manually, but why? I
can still do a lot of things, a lot of them pretty hard, such as
metalworking. But for splitting a few tons of wood, I'll take the easy way
out.

You do whatever winds your clock.

Steve