Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] keep.earth.clean@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Telephone wiring question

On Sep 23, 8:48*am, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 9/22/2011 11:18 PM, wrote:

On Sep 21, 8:56 pm, "
*wrote:
Hello All:

ATT advised me to go to cat 5 with my telephone wiring to improve DSL
connectivity.

I've got a new dual phone receptacle to accommodate the DSL modem and
a phone simultaneously.

Here is what I got:http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?lan...

I looked up online at various sites as to how to wire, but cannot
figure out the receptacle end.

Her is what the back of my receptacle looks like:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...ba&page=play&r...

How do I connect the cat 5 wires to this receptacle?

Thanks,

Deguza

P.S.: I found this at the Ace H/W site but it sis not make sense.

Thanks to all who wrote.

My DSL is working on the new Cat 5 line now.

I asked my wife to check it during the day to assure no disconnects,
etc. She says everything works smoothly. There is *telephone service
on this line, although we do not use it, it functions properly as
well.

Why don't you use the phone service on the DSL line? *Are you paying for
another separate line for phone service or don't you use any land line
phone? *One of the advantages of DSL is that you don't need to pay for 2
lines.- Hide quoted text -

Tony,

We don't use the landline based phone. Skype is our primary phone. My
wife and I both have telephone numbers for our Skype accounts. I can
pick up my calls to my Skype number either on my computer or on my
Android smart phone.

Since we needed a telephone service that is tied to a physical line
and an address we kept the telephone service.

Thanks