Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Telephone wiring question

On 9/22/2011 11:18 PM, wrote:
On Sep 21, 8:56 pm, "
wrote:
Hello All:

ATT advised me to go to cat 5 with my telephone wiring to improve DSL
connectivity.

I've got a new dual phone receptacle to accommodate the DSL modem and
a phone simultaneously.

Here is what I got:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?lan...

I looked up online at various sites as to how to wire, but cannot
figure out the receptacle end.

Her is what the back of my receptacle looks like:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...ba&page=play&r...

How do I connect the cat 5 wires to this receptacle?

Thanks,

Deguza

P.S.: I found this at the Ace H/W site but it sis not make sense.

Thanks to all who wrote.

My DSL is working on the new Cat 5 line now.

I asked my wife to check it during the day to assure no disconnects,
etc. She says everything works smoothly. There is telephone service
on this line, although we do not use it, it functions properly as
well.

Why don't you use the phone service on the DSL line? Are you paying for
another separate line for phone service or don't you use any land line
phone? One of the advantages of DSL is that you don't need to pay for 2
lines.