Posted to alt.home.repair
robb robb is offline

Default chainsaw reccomendation or advice ?

I have done the google searches. Now the internet is filled with 50/50
conflicting advice and reviews.

Does anyone her have experience with the big retailer brand gas
powered chainsaws ?

I am looking for probably 18"- 20" gas powered chainsaw to clear and
thin out some under brush, saplings, scrub oaks, limbs and
occasional downed trees from my parents wooded property ( there is
about 2 acres of overgrown wooded area they want cleaned up ) .

So, i was looking at the big box DIY stores and i see Homelight,
Poulan, ECHO, Stihl, Blue Max, Ryobi, Poulan Pro, Husqvarna with
prices from 149 - 499.

I would like to stick to lower end prices.

Is there a best of the cheap ?

thanks for helpful replies,
robb