Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default simple, cheap lumber rack

On 9/23/2011 12:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I'm not positive, but I don't think galvanized pipe is the same as the
black pipe.

Just thinking out loud... I'm pretty sure 1/2" galvanized pipe bends
fairly easily. I don't remember the black stuff bending like galvanized.
I know we're back to the old "how much weight is going to be on this
thing, but it's worth looking into.

I would check with someone who knows for sure.

They're not the same; galvanized is, well, "galvanized"...

They have same dimensional tolerances and since are both iron, the
mechanical properties are close enough as to be the same.

Any differences will be owing to the particular manufacturer of one vis
a vis the other, not that there's any specification difference between
the two types.