Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford Ranger question

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:22:46 -0700, JR North
wrote:

Throttle body switches are off line. The ECM thinks the throttle is
closed, so goes into decel fuel cut as the rpm passes the ck point.
Test this theory by checking an injector with a logic probe ( not a
test light).
JR
Dweller in the cellar

When checking the INJECTORS, a test light is OK - in fact the NORMAL
way of testing is to plug in a "noid light" You are working with 12
volts. Typical "logic probes" are for use at TTL levels of +/- 5 volts

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 07:03:40 -0500, "Snag"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Ive just finished putting a low mileage 3.0 in my 2001 Ranger (225,000
miles). The current engine came out of a 2003, and has 75k miles on
it. After ****ing around for a week, unable to start it, a friend
changed
the spark plug wires around (seems most of the online diagrams are
WRONG) and it started right up. However..when adding throttle over
about 1500 rmp..it starts to lope...vroom...vroom...vroom...vroom

What the hell is it and how do I fix it?

I stuck on the original intake manifold after drilling and taping
holes (properly) to use the original intake. Im NOT getting a check
engine
light and my code reader is isnt showing any codes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Gunner

Fuel filter or dirty injectors ?

HOME PAGE: