Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Ladder Modification?

"Winston" wrote in message
I have a very awkward project location above the ceiling
joists (and gas pipe and electrical conduit) in my
garage. I don't get to move the location.

It would be very convenient if I could extend and
assemble my aluminum extension ladder (in place)
to a telescoping third leg for use as an 'agricultural'
ladder.
http://www.stokesladders.com/img/lad...num-tripod.jpg

That way, I could climb over all the obstructions
without disturbing anything. Note that there is not
enough clearance to use a step ladder in this awful
location and there is no safe place to rest the top
of an extension ladder.

My Google-Fu has failed to uncover a good answer.
This is as close as I have come:
http://www.stokesladders.com/product...-third-leg.asp

It looks promising but there is not enough information
for me to understand what this product does. I assume it
is only an accessory to their brand of ladder.

How would you solve this problem?

--Winston

(I want to clean up the hole I cut in the ceiling.
It's the right size and works great but it is not
super nice looking. I have the fan mounted in
anticipation of rain and I really don't
want to take it apart to access from the roof.)

What would *I* do?
1. I'd stop looking at it.
2. I'd forget about it.

Tain't worth all the risk you're facing.
How about just hiding it? Maybe put some lights on the bottom
of the ceiling joists so you can't see above?
Art