Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] keep.earth.clean@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Telephone wiring question

On Sep 22, 4:18*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
ATT advised me to go to cat 5 with my telephone wiring to improve DSL
connectivity.

I've got a new dual phone receptacle to accommodate the DSL modem and
a phone simultaneously.

Here is what I got:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?lan...

I looked up online at various sites as to how to wire, but cannot
figure out the receptacle end.

Her is what the back of my receptacle looks like:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...ba&page=play&r...

How do I connect the cat 5 wires to this receptacle?

*It would have been easier with a 4 pair jack, but this will work. *The
green and black are "Tip" and the red and yellow are "Ring"

On Jack #1
Connect the blue with white stripe to the green.
Connect the blue to red.
Connect the orange with white stripe to black.
Connect the orange to yellow.

On Jack #2
Connect the green with white stripe to the green.
Connect the green to red.
Connect the brown with white stripe to black.
Connect the brown to yellow.

Here's a link to help:http://www.mrelectrician.tv/conversi...elephone.html- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for this.

Jack 1 and Jack 2 are connected with wires running between the
terminals. So green on Jack 1 and 2 are the same....

Does this make any difference in what you wrote? Maybe I leave the
green and brown out of the equation?

Thanks!