Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default Ford Ranger question

On Sep 22, 1:45*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Ive just finished putting a low mileage 3.0 in my 2001 Ranger (225,000
miles). *The current engine came out of a 2003, and has 75k miles on it..
After ****ing around for a week, unable to start it, a friend changed
the spark plug wires around (seems most of the online diagrams are
WRONG) and it started right up. *However..when adding throttle over
about 1500 rmp..it starts to lope...vroom...vroom...vroom...vroom

What the hell is it and how do I fix it?

I stuck on the original intake manifold after drilling and taping holes
(properly) to use the original intake. Im NOT getting a check engine
light and my code reader is isnt showing any codes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)

www.therangerstation.com for all things ranger related.

One thing that I have seen happen on other makes- small changes to the
timing reluctor/pickup can make the one in the new engine incompatible
with the computer.

And, check the fuel pressure. Idle but won't rev is a classic sign.

Dave