Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Three sided shower cubicles

Neil Williams wrote:
I'm looking at redoing my bathroom, removing the bath[1] and fitting a
decent-sized shower cubicle, and due to the position of the windows
and a large conduit (about 8in square, I think) containing central
heating pipes the only place it can logically go is in the "middle" of
a wall, against the conduit. It can't go where the shower head on the
bath currently is because it would block the window. (Indeed, one
reason for the plan is so the shower isn't spraying down onto the
windowsill, because this causes water to collect on there, causing
mould and other problems e.g. leaks).

However, I've found that practically nowhere seems to sell three-sided
cubicles, except the *very* premium end of the market.

Does anyone know a place where 3-sided cubicles can be obtained for a
reasonable price, or if not have any other suggestions as to how I can
achieve a similar effect? I don't just want to put up a plasterboard
wall or similar because it would block the light from the window. I
have considered having half the window bricked up, but I like the
light I get from an almost-full-width window in what is quite a small
bathroom. The only other corner that would be available has the
toilet in it, and moving a toilet is not necessarily an easy venture,
as I understand it.

[1] Several people have said to me that'll reduce the value, but as I
don't intend to move for the foreseeable future, and I never have
baths, only showers, I can always put a bath back if it helps sale
later.

Neil

Build your own..see a glaziers about how to get glass cut, and door
hinges etc. Silicone teh joins after screwing together..fit seals to the
door..and off you go

I did and it was 1/4 the price of the stuff SWMBO was looking at in the
showrooms