Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Three sided shower cubicles

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:20:57 +0100, Neil Williams
wrote:

On Sep 22, 2:05 pm, polygonum wrote:

Illness can catapult people from being happily shower-only to
bath-is-vital in no time at all.

I would never accept a shower-only house having experienced just that -
a partner who became unable to shower. Thank goodness we have a bath.

For me personally that isn't much of a concern, mainly because I live
on my own, so if I became dependent to the point where I couldn't
stand in the shower (or I suppose shower seated on a plastic stool)
I'd have to move in with someone else either temporarily or
permanently, probably my parents.

And as noted I can always change it back when I want to sell. That
might be a motivation to stick with *roughly* the same layout rather
than moving the bog, so a cheap bath could be fitted at low cost.

But to look at it differently, why compromise my enjoyment of the
house now for something that *might* happen? (OK, I probably will
move at some point, but not in the near future unless forced to due to
financial circumstances).

Neil

Fine - of course that is entirely your choice. But I was really trying to
explain why a bath is so important to so many people.

Without explanation, you would probably never be able to guess why my
partner can't shower - it is nothing to do with standing/sitting or
anything like that at all. At it appeared out of nowhere.

--
Rod