Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil Williams[_2_] Neil Williams[_2_] is offline

Default Three sided shower cubicles

On Sep 22, 1:20*pm, Allan wrote:

There was an article a couple of weeks ago in the Saturday Guardian
Money about switching bath for wetroom with readers comments/feedback.
Article at:http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...om-viable-alte...

It's an interesting one. I'm not a fan of wetrooms, but it's the same
principle I suppose.

One thing I found interesting was that one of the houses I looked at
while buying was being refurbished - and they went for a traditional
style standalone bath instead of a regular panelled plastic one. This
is not only not a proper shower, but completely unsuitable for fitting
one unless you put in an all-round shower curtain and like it sticking
to you (ugh).

So is the demand *really* that much in favour of baths? I know you
need one if bringing up young children, but I find a good shower[1] so
much more pleasant and so much quicker so you can have one in the
morning before work every day.

I suppose I'm biased on one thing - being 6' 4" I don't fit a bath
very well, so if I did want one for me it'd have to be a long one.

[1] Not a crappy cheapo electric one. I have a combi boiler which
gives excellent flow for the shower - but if I didn't a pump would
have been well up the list.

Neil