Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil Williams[_2_] Neil Williams[_2_] is offline

Default Three sided shower cubicles

On Sep 22, 10:44*am, Tim wrote:

Is the conduit in the corner of the room? If so, I'd be tempted to turn
that into a narrow deep cupboard for storage and then install a two sided
enclosure up against that.

Yes. The trouble with doing that is that it would block half the
window, which I'm trying to avoid.

The floor plan is a bit like this (use fixed pitch font):-

-=====--
[BBBBB]C
/ T

where B=bath, S=sink, T=toilet and / is the door. The window is shown
as =s on the outside wall. There's more wall on the conduit side.

I envisage it becoming something like this:-

-=====--
S C
sss
/ T

where s is the shower. The conduit takes up less than half the width
of the bath (which is itself a fairly standard size) so the shower
would be further across towards that than the ASCII plan shows and
would leave a bit more space next to the bog than the diagram
implies. I haven't measured things up properly yet so I don't know
exactly what size enclosure would be involved, but there seem to be
plenty of options.

As I mentioned, I've considered having the window made smaller - I
just quite like the amount of light the large window lets in.

Neil