Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Burn barrel ventilation holes

On Sep 22, 8:20 am, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

On Sep 22, 7:17 am, (Windmill)
wrote:
"Andrew Mawson" writes:
I'm with Steve Firth on this one. Whack about 20 holes with a

pick axe
in the base, then stand it on bricks.

Seems all my original holes are too small; I'll have to enlarge

but
hopefully still keep most of the ash inside.

If you cut 1/3rd of the top and 1/3rd of the bottom off a steel

drum,
then similarly whack in the holes they make a superb barbeque

when set
on a suitable frame, using weld mesh as the grilling surface.

I've
three done this way, and an angle iron frame to sit them on that
neatly gets lifted to where ever we are feeding using forks on

the
back of the tractor. Last used a few weeks ago when we fed a

couple of
hundred people over two days.

Impressive. Farm wedding?

travellers?

Jim K

No not travellers, mainly home raised bacon burgers and sausages but
I'd like to BBQ them though !!!!!!!!!!!!

AWEM

best worm em first and hang well ;)

?...bacon burgers?

Jim K