Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] keep.earth.clean@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Telephone wiring question

On Sep 21, 9:47*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Sep 21, 10:56*pm, "

wrote:
Hello All:

ATT advised me to go to cat 5 with my telephone wiring to improve DSL
connectivity.

I've got a new dual phone receptacle to accommodate the DSL modem and
a phone simultaneously.

Here is what I got:http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?lan...

I looked up online at various sites as to how to wire, but cannot
figure out the receptacle end.

Her is what the back of my receptacle looks like:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...ba&page=play&r...

How do I connect the cat 5 wires to this receptacle?

Thanks,

Deguza

P.S.: I found this at the Ace H/W site but it sis not make sense.

You do notr make sense either. *The output from the telco line goes to
a splitter which has telephone output and digital output. *The digital
output then goes to a modem or some means of connecting the digitasl
output to a computer,- Hide quoted text -

Hello:

There is no "splitter" involved when using DSL. Are you thinking of
the filters?

After the receptacle works, I will attach a filter to one of the jacks
and attach the phone there. The problem I am having is figuring out
the back of the receptacle. The receptacle has solid colored wires and
only two pairs of them. The cat 5 cable has striped lines and four
pairs of them.

See this: http://wiringwizard.com/primer/cables/cat5/

Regards