Posted to rec.woodworking
kansascats kansascats is offline

Default simple, cheap lumber rack

NIce, but I need to get a lot more compact then having giant
triangular braces in the way. The 1/2" pipe will take up less then
1". That is the point of this -- to be able to provide a bunch of
tightly spaced brackets such that 10 or fewer boards on each "pile"
can be readily viewed, sorted, etc. Rather than have 4 "shelves" of
2-foot capacity each, I'm aiming for 6 to 9" capacity on each. So
each bracket cannot consume even inches of space. The idea is to get
a little stuff on many brackets vs much stuff on few brackets.