Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Burn barrel ventilation holes

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 01:40:55 -0700 (PDT), Onetap
wrote:

After getting it burning, I set the vacuum cleaner going. Burning
became very intense, all smoking ceased; 5 or 10 minutes later the
barrel was incandescent, literally red (bright) hot. It started to
collapse under it's own weight. Predictable; I'd made a blast furnace.

Hehe.
I had best results by entering the air pipe tangentially - the
incoming air cools the wall of the barrel as it spirals around.
I got this idea from building a Turk burner for consuming old chip
oil.
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_...arth/me10.html