Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Motorcycle without a title

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:26:15 -0500, Ignoramus19458
wrote:

An upcoming auction nearby advertises an attractive motorcycle that is
"without a title".

I am highly reluctant to even consider, because I do not think that I
could register or sell it. I wanted to double check here to see if
there is any way to register a non-titled motorcycle, which I doubt is
the case.

Depending on state..and how long since the plates were last
registered..not having a title is really not a big deal.
Among the various things one can do..is simply take out a Mechanics Lein
on it, then take ownership and file for a new title.

Or repaint some stuff and declare it a Custom and so on and so forth.

Its not hard nor expensive. It just may take a few months, depending on
your state.

Im restoring a 1961 Indian..and I have the title..from 1967. Somewhere.
And its not in my name. But here in California..that sort of thing is
easy to do.

Just make sure you get a bill of sale!!

Now...do you know much about motorcycles and their operation?
That..I worry about when I hear Iggy and scooter....

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)