Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19458 Ignoramus19458 is offline

Default Motorcycle without a title

On 2011-09-20, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 9/20/2011 10:26 AM, Ignoramus19458 wrote:

I am highly reluctant to even consider, because I do not think that I
could register or sell it. I wanted to double check here to see if
there is any way to register a non-titled motorcycle, which I doubt is
the case.

In the 70's, I collected a fair number of Ducati singles, some without
title. Different state, and things have changed a lot here. But
basically, with a bill of sale and a signed non-op from the seller, DMV
would run the plates. If there were no tickets against it past the
expired license, it was a pretty simple matter to re-register it. Oh,
probably helped that my mom worked for DMV at the time and knew exactly
how to navigate the system.

I'd call your local DMV and ask first, can this be done these days, in
your state, and if so, what do you need from the seller/auctioneer to
cover yourself.

Jon

btw, you never got back to me regarding how old you think those erector
sets are.

I am guessing 1970s or 1980s...
thanks