Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is anyone really this stupid?

Gunner Asch on Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:34:15 -0700

The driving force of this is price competition and not taxes.

Also, I believe that a US person who "relocates", still owes the
United States tax payments for a number of years. In addition, I would
guess that most people whose earned income is over a million, would
not be able to realize that income outside of the US.

Why?

In the 1920s, the progressives jacked the top rate on millionares
(Back when a million dollars was a lot of Real Money, too) to 73%. The
next year, there were 40% (iirc) fewer "millionaires". Not that they
had suddenly gone broke, but that they had shifted their investments
to tax free municipal bonds.
That's the problem that progressives do not seem to grasp: they
believe that raising the taxes on cigarettes will result in people
modifying their behavior and quit smoking (reducing their tax
exposure), yet they seem to also feel that if they raise taxes on
income, they will not be causing people to modify their behavior to
reduce their tax exposure.
Sort of like the people who want you to believe that advertising
on TV will change you behavior, but that the programs themselves have
no impact at all. Yeah, right.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr
If poverty causes crime, as a means of crime prevention