Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wiring a Shed

On Sep 19, 12:14*pm, dpb wrote:
On 9/19/2011 10:18 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

By "the side of the studs" I assume you mean the side perpendicular to
the walls, not the face that points towards the interior of the shed.

If that's the case, and I have to span several stud bays, what's the
best way to accomplish that? I'd prefer that all runs go up to the
underside of the top plate and then across as opposed to spanning open
areas of the bays where I store "narrow" materials like lengths of
trim, etc. However, if the runs go up to the top plate, I can't drill
through the stud near the top because of the screws holding the plate
to the stud.

Do I just come down a few inches, go through the stud and then back up
to the underside of the plate and continue on?

Do whatever works, basically.

I can't imagine there are so many or so large of screws there's not room
enough for a hole large enough for a single run of Romex wherever it's
wanted, basically.

I'm partial as another says to run conduit, anyway

Well, since the shed was built from a kit with 2 x 3 studs, there
isn't a lot of room on either side of the screws to drill a hole -
assuming I knew exactly where the screws are - fairly centered, I
hope! ;-)

As I plan the actual layout of the switches and fixtures, I'll figure
it out as I go along.

Thanks!