Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Removing bottom row of cement roof tiles, to repair felt.

In message , AL_n
writes
Bob Minchin wrote in news:j550ii
:

These are exactly what you need. Lift the edge of a few tiles at a time
with a batten,

Unfortunately, the tiles on my roof are the large concrete type which
interlock (the right edge of each tile overlaps the left edge of the
adjacent tile. So, it seems to me that I only have one option: lift the
entire row, in order to insert the strip!

I suppose one could prop up the entire row of tiles with wooden blocks, and
then manually support a few at a time, while removing the supporting blocks
and inserting the fascia protector strip, then replace the blcoks and move
on to the next section. Does that sound like the way to attempt it?

Hiring a scaffold is more than I want to fork out for, but I can probably
enlist a helping hand with a second ladder.

Hmm.. sky hooks?

Might not be the end of the world if you halved the tray and lapped the
join using a suitable mastic.

My other thought was to make up a rectangular frame with two extended
sides to act a levers. Top side rests on softening on roof, bottom side
is L shaped to hook under bottom row. Long sides go over the shoulders
of two idiots on ladders. Might work but I wouldn't care to try:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb