Allen Epps

Default OT - JFK vs BUSH

In article , Fred the
Red Shirt wrote:

"Kevin Singleton" wrote in message
"George" wrote in message

Do we have the most aircraft carriers on earth?

And, they provided no protection against the attacks of September 11, 2001,
and were unable to determine whether Iraq was developing weapons of mass
destruction.

I agree that aircraft carriers are only marginally useful for the
purpose of finding WMDs. But we do have other means to do so and
there is no evidence that those other methods failed to give the
US administartion an accurate understanding of the situation in Iraq.
Indeed, there is ample evidence that it did.

An aircraft carrier is a power projection tool and always has been.
It's not meant to sit and defend a coastline. Keep in mind power
projection does not have to mean the actual dropping of weapons just
the presence of that much offensive power just off a coast is useful to
aid diplomatic negotiations or influence a countries military
directions.

Allen
Former EA-6B Prowler ECMO, 485 traps on Saratoga, Kennedy, Kitty Hawk,
Nimitz, Lincoln, Constellation, Roosevelt, Stennis, Truman,
Independence, Ike, JFK.