Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default I won't bother with Toolstation again

Clive Page wrote:

I also needed to make some larger holes, so got 10-piece a holesaw kit
(item 23014) which was a lot cheaper than any other I could find. I
can't remember the last time I bought anything of such poor quality.
The hex key rotated without gripping the grub-screw in one of the
arbors (though the other one worked). The saws themselves had a hole
with flats designed to fit one arbor or the other: one of the saws
had the flats too small i.e. the hole was nearly circular, so the saw
rotated on the arbor unless it was done up extremely tightly. Two of
the others had the flats so large so they wouldn't even fit on the
arbor designed for them without being filed down. I took the whole
kit back back and got a refund.

They do sell some crap at TS, but for very occasional use I might put up
with that rather than pay 3 times as much for SF's cheapest comparable set.

The service from the counter at Toolstation seemed faster than with
Screwfix and they gave me a refund without problems, but if some items
are as poorly described as my drill, and others are of this
appallingly low quality, then I won't bother with Toolstation again,
it was a complete waste of my time.

--
Register as an organ donor with the NHS online. It takes 1 minute and
saves you carrying an organ donor card with you.