Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] BobF@somewhere.com is offline

Default New shop, electrical question

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 20:45:31 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 09:15:43 -0400, Doug Miller
wrote:

Everybody seems to be saying something different... Doug Miller
states that armor on AC cable is OK for use as ground conductor.
Read the beginning of this thread.

Too bad that doesn't stop you from making
up Code rules that you imagine to exist.

I haven't made anything up, the NEC states AC cable can only be used
in certain locations, IE "not wet". You are the one making things up.

Oh come on Bob - you are now reaching too far. Wet was never even one of
the discussion topics.

Now wait a minute there buddy, that guy accused me of making up NEC rules -
PROVE THAT!

Let me quote the above that you must have skipped over:

I think the NEC states that it is OK only in limited circumstances.

And then I stated SOME of the limited circumstances: (There are other)

the NEC states AC cable can only be used in certain locations, IE "not wet".

Keep reading the above till you realize that I never said " the NEC disallows
ground in AC cable armor," EVER in this thread.

Good for you - you went and found something in the
NEC - it still only serves to show how you reach to make a point that is not
even relevant, or that is not related to what you hae already put on the
table
So - you did nothing to prove Doug wrong. You only served to make
yourself look worse in this discussion.

In your opinion...

Thought you were the one that
suggested dropping this and moving on to woodworking. You should have
followed your own advice.

I was planning on it, but I came here today to see 15 new posts, mostly
criticizing me... Since the only things I ever said here was that "a copper
ground wire is better than AC cable" and that someone using a bunch of blue wire
(and other weird colors) to do his barn in a haphazard manner was causing
trouble to future electricians.

NOW can we go on to making furniture? I'm almost finished a large 6 drawer
bureau, what are YOU doing?