Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bill bill is offline

Default Reno Crash

On 9/18/2011 2:05 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 09:18:29 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

If I knew there was going to be a 74 year old pilot in that fast and furious
of a plane race, I'd choose to watch the reruns on TV. I wouldn't go any
closer than five miles.

You think he is the oldest race pilot?

Think again.

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)

If you think that Was the first Air Race pilot to have an heart attack
(if true), think again.

There was a racer (1974 or before) that pulled out of race, went over
the stands, and landed. He took a cab into Reno and checked into a
hospital under an assumed name. That's where he died. It took a couple
of weeks to figure out where the pilot was.

Bill K7NOM
1974 was the last time I worked for Reno Air races