Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The triumphalist attitude of many British workers

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 09:20:40 -0700, js.b1 wrote:

On Sep 18, 12:54Â*pm, Bob Eager wrote:
Since I'm an academic, I have to be careful here! The academics are
(generally) fine

But managers can be awful.

Why is it so many academic managers are not appointed based on ability
at management? :-)
Sort of proves the promoted above level of incompetence but not moved
back down one?

We have set that up but she won't use a computer (she can, but thinks
it affects her tinnitus). In emergency we can order. But she really
likes going out, and once moving is pretty fast!

Perhaps a baseline order of essentials...

... M&S do the best tinned ham, eves pudding are good. ... Tesco do a
really great Sicilian Lemon Mousse, Cappuccino Desserts, Lemoncello
Desserts, their UHT semi-skimmed milk is very good and great as a backup
surprisingly ... Asda do ok Tiramasu, Weight Watchers Chocolate And
Vanilla Mousse ... Baxters Tomato Soup, Country Vegetable Vegetarian
Soup are good (watch onions)
... Chicken & Cheese kiev from Asda and M&S are ok backups

I know M&S do not deliver, but can be good for those two long life
items. Avoids the "run out of milk or ham and must go out".

Oh, she does all that. Pretty good at it; only when she was ill did we
have to resort to shopping for her.

She *likes* going out; the exercise is good for her, and she has lunch
out (mostly in the same place, meeting friends). And she can't carry a
lot due to arthritis in her hands, so she goes out pretty well every day
(except Saturdays, because all the buses are double deckers...)

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org