Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default The triumphalist attitude of many British workers

On Sep 18, 12:54*pm, Bob Eager wrote:
Since I'm an academic, I have to be careful here! The academics are
(generally) fine

But managers can be awful.

Why is it so many academic managers are not appointed based on ability
at management? :-)
Sort of proves the promoted above level of incompetence but not moved
back down one?

We have set that up but she won't use a computer (she can, but thinks it
affects her tinnitus). In emergency we can order. But she really likes
going out, and once moving is pretty fast!

Perhaps a baseline order of essentials...

.... M&S do the best tinned ham, eves pudding are good.
.... Tesco do a really great Sicilian Lemon Mousse, Cappuccino
Desserts, Lemoncello Desserts, their UHT semi-skimmed milk is very
good and great as a backup surprisingly
.... Asda do ok Tiramasu, Weight Watchers Chocolate And Vanilla Mousse
.... Baxters Tomato Soup, Country Vegetable Vegetarian Soup are good
(watch onions)
.... Chicken & Cheese kiev from Asda and M&S are ok backups

I know M&S do not deliver, but can be good for those two long life
items. Avoids the "run out of milk or ham and must go out".