Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Removing bottom row of cement roof tiles, to repair felt.

Kevin Poole wrote:
On 18/09/2011 10:26, AL_n wrote:

I want to remove the bottom row of cement ties on my pitched roof, in
order
to lay a strip of damp proof membrane under the lower edge of the felt
which has disintegrated where it projects from under the tiles.

Had you looked at a purpose-made "felt support", e.g.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/felt-suppo...ck-of-5/36622?

I faffed about with dpm, and wonder whether this stuff might make a
better job, and be easier.

These are exactly what you need. Lift the edge of a few tiles at a time
with a batten, slide in the soffit protector/felt support UNDER the
felt. Fit the next one along with a 100mm or so overlap.
The short angled edge folds over into the gutter, normally not needing
any fixings but the odd well aimed felt nail can help.

Bob