Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default What do you think about this trailer

On 2011-09-17, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:30:50 -0500, Ignoramus844
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp.../1036.jpg.html

It is 10k lbs and has a tilt bed (I believe). Also has ramps.

I want to use it for surplus dealings for larger items. Any comments?

Nice well made trailer. However..it is a bit short.

Which might not be a problem for you..depending on the type of surplus.

Unless you are buying big lathes or CNC centers..I think it would work
nicely for you.

The photo is more confusing than helpful. It makes it look shorted and
heavier on the nose than it really is.

Here's a better photo that I made after loading a 6,000lbs crane on
it:

http://goo.gl/Gbnn3

The trailer has a 14 foot bed.

I have a feeling, based on something factual, that this is actually a
12k trailer, but it is titled as 10k, which is fine with me.

I hope the "factual" item isn't a rating plate on the trailer. That
plate is what the DOT goes by to determine if the trailer is CDL level
or not.

If it says 12K I hope you have a CDL. Unless you like large fines.

--
Steve W.