Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default The triumphalist attitude of many British workers

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 18:27:20 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

I have had similar experiences - the last time I was in hospital I asked
for something to be done and was told that it was completely out of the
question in a tone which implied that I was stupid to even ask. A few
minutes later an older nurse came in and just did it without me having
to ask.

Yep when I was in hosp a could of years ago there was a lump of steel
stuck in my hand apart from all the other grief, none of them apart from
a much older lady nurse would touch it she managed to get it out fine
with a pair of tweezers but told e not to mention it to anyone there
that she did that..

Project2000 is to blame for a lot of that attitude.