Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_31_] Tim[_31_] is offline

Default Reno Crash

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 09:16:50 -0700, Steve B wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
m...
On 9/17/2011 10:06 AM, Sunworshipper wrote:
This is the best video I can find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JAQyM3ZSY0

Seems like he was coming in from the back side and pulling up and
rolling inverted over the stands and then straight in...

That takes a number of control inputs for a tool jammed in the cables.
Or maybe intermittent and his attention was focused in the cockpit.
Strange.

Checked out one of the TV stations in Vegas and they are intent on the
carnage not the news.

SW

Or control surface flutter, or a heart attack (he was 74?).

It will be a very short investigation. An aircraft going in on the nose
like that at 400+ MPH, there isn't much left to inspect.

I have already made a determination, and will bet ten bucks it will be
the fed determination. Pilot error. Whenever they can't prove
anything,, the pilot gets the blame.

Did he have a license to drive a car? Or was he too old? My heart goes
out to his family, but pulling G's like that on a race course is a young
man's game. I expect there will be some changes in the rules, and
ensuing lawsuits.

"WADDYA MEAN 90 IS TOO OLD TO FLY ONE OF THESE 500 HP 500 MPH 65 YEAR
OLD PLANES? I DID IT JUST FINE FOR MANY YEARS."

Condolences to all involved, but I do see a couple of obvious safety
questions ...........

The first, in my libertarian heart, is why should we change anything at
all, when we know that crashes happen at airshows?

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com