Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap[_7_] Andy Cap[_7_] is offline

Default The triumphalist attitude of many British workers

On 09/17/2011 03:19 PM, MM wrote:

What IS it with these people? Most people I deal with, even in Tesco,
are helpful, polite, forthcoming, but occasionally one meets up with a
complete tosser, who, sadly, often is a woman, even though women are
supposed to care more.

MM

Our next door neighbour has just had a baby. Thought it was arriving at
3:00AM and got a taxi to the hospital - they haven't got a car. On
arrival the midwife ??? was asleep at the nurse's station and after a
quick check sent her home again, telling her to come in a 9:00AM
At 7:30 she's on the kitchen floor close to having the baby and they
have to call for an ambulance to return her to the hospital. How can
someone on a maternity ward not know a baby is imminently due ? I reckon
she just didn't want to be bothered with it on night duty.

Andy C