Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_3_] Rick Hughes[_3_] is offline

Default does it need undercoating

From: "Pete"
Subject: Does it need priming
Date: 14 September 2011 21:27

I'm about to paint some doors at home, they are old wood effect looking
manky looking things (love the description lol). I guess I give it a
gentle
rub down but does this need undercoating or should I just get straight on
the glossing ?

Advice welcomed on which way to go...

Thank you kindly ... very much so as you guys help me so much!

Sand it back ... if it goes to bare wood .. then primer first then
undercoat then 2nd undercoat then one of gloss

'If' there is very little bare wood, skip the primer.

Remember undercoat does the build & gives the protections, top is just the
shine.