David

Default OT - JFK vs BUSH

Germany, France, Russia. That's not an inconsiderable
group of countries to have alienated, especially given that the population
of Iraq is about that of Mexico City.

And those other 40 countries don't count? Germany, Russia, and France
all had nice big oil agreements with Iraq. This doesn't indicate that
we didn't or never had similar agreements. Really, we don't need a
permission slip to protect ourselves.

: c) The president hasn't moved a single civilian job overseas. Isn't that
: the responsibility of employers?

That's a pathetic dodge.

If three million US jobs had been lost under a Democratic administration,
the mainstream press as well as GOP flacks would have been all over it for
months.

Oh yeah, like the way they reported Hilary's racially bigoted remark
about Ghandi.
Or Senator Bird's use of "******" in front of the camera. Or Michael
Moore calling Bush a deserter, while stumping for Clark in NH. Face
it, the democrats get a pass on everything. But if a Republican, like
say Trent Lott says something nice like "perhaps things would have
been better if Strom had been President" at a 99 year old man's
birthday party, he is automatically a racist in the eyes of the press.

One thing about this whole three million jobs lost nonsense... we
never hear how many jobs have been created. You can't tell me they
haven't been created. And in fact they have, but that is never
reported. Because that would make Bush look good. Those 3 million
jobs, are jobs that were going to go anyway, and it is oh so
convenient to use them to smear Bush, like he had any control over
them. The government does not own those jobs, employers do. The last
time I checked, employers can do what they want with their jobs.
Anybody reading all of this stuff, how many people do you know who do
not have a job. Really think about it? Now, how many of them want a
job? And if they want a job, how many of them are too lazy to go get
one. Or how many of them are trying to max out their unemployment
benefits, before they are forced to get one.
What really amazes me is that Bush's economic report of last week
describes this massive loss of US jobs as a good thing.

BUSH NEVER SAID THIS...LIE!
And the
mainstream press has been pretty silent on that.

BECAUSE IT WAS NEVER SAID!

: It seems your anger is misdirected, Andy. How sad.

My feeling isn't anger, it's amazement. I'm genuinely amazed that
people who seem smart and sensible can think Bush and his administration
are anything other than a complete disaster.

Andy, we know what you are really mad about. Andy, let go of Florida.
He was elected fairly. How many ways do the votes have to be counted
for you to realize that Bush won? They even set up scenarios where
Gore cheated, and Bush still won. For any one reading, this is what is
at the root of all the anger against Bush by Democrats. Florida 2000.
Get over it. Thank God he will be reelected!

David