BM Cooper

Default Tenoning jig advice needed

Thanks for the good information. Mine is one of the Emerson models. And it
is slightly narrower than standard (Can't remember how I discovered this
anymore). Sounds like I'll have to get creative possibly. Somebody told me
today that the newest Delta jigs were designed to compensate for this
somehow, though... Either way it sounds like I can make it work with some
ingenuity. In other words: "I gets dat sumbitch slided in dair somehow,
ya'll."

On 2/26/04 11:06 PM, in article
, "Tom M."
wrote:
Yes, the newer Craftsman saws are Ryobi made (yeah, I know) and have
standard T-slots, which will work with the Delta tenoning jig, and
probably any other brand. The older Emerson made Craftsman saws had
slightly narrower slots, and I don't think they were T-slots. I'm not
positive when the transition year was, but I think it was around 1999
or 2000. If your Craftsman saw is left tilt, as is mine, make sure the
tenoning jig you buy will work with a left tilt saw. My Delta jig is
the deluxe model (don't know the model # at the moment) and can be
switched for left tilt, but I'm not sure if the regular Delta model
can be switched.

Tom