Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Lyford Glenn Lyford is offline

Default What do you think about this trailer

It is not too front heavy. As a matter of fact, I can lift the lunette
eye by myself, though it is heavy.

I think everyone's comments on the axle location is based on the
camera angle of the original photo, combined with the width of the
fenders. It makes it look like the near side tandem is right at the
back of the trailer, but looking at the far side fender shows it is
actually much closer to a standard 60/40 setup (on a tandem, measure
to the pivot pin on the walking beam between the springs). If you
post a square side-on shot, I suspect most of these comments will
stop.

So with a 10k rating, I assume there are brakes on both axles? In my
state, trailers with that sort of rating also need to be inspected
(the cutoff for brakes and inspections is 3k, here).

So what'd you haul home that needed that sort of capacity, a VMC?
Forklift? Wasp radial? CNC plasma table? Several pallets of
untempered import hammer heads? Tire from an earth mover to be used
as a jungle gym?

--Glenn Lyford