Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7432 Ignoramus7432 is offline

Default What do you think about this trailer

On 2011-09-16, Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus844 wrote:

It is 10k lbs and has a tilt bed (I believe). Also has ramps.

I want to use it for surplus dealings for larger items. Any comments?

Yes - that's a pintle loop sliding out the left edge of the picture.
Since we've previously established that you don't have a large
commercial-type truck, you are not equipped to pull this thing.

Why, I always use a pintle hitch for my enclosed trailer, works
great.

I have a 3/4 ton truck.

Putting a pintle hook in the receiver of a pickup does not magically
make the pickup suitable to pull a pintle-loop level of load. This
thing wants a dump truck to pull it.

I am not sure what it wants, personaly, but it tows just fine, as I
discovered 10 minutes ago.

Keep looking.

I think the suggestion to look for a gooseneck is a good one, if hauling
with a pickup (you've got what - a 3/4 ton?) - having experienced a
trailer removing the bumper of a 1-ton crew-cab truck, it's the sort of
experience I'd suggest avoiding. A gooseneck is a much more robust
hitch, that puts the trailer load in a far better place.

I personally have a proper trailer hitch. A gooseneck is a fifth wheel
setup, right? So it uses up the trailed bed space?