Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default What do you think about this trailer

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

Ignoramus844 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp.../1036.jpg.html

It is 10k lbs and has a tilt bed (I believe). Also has ramps.

I want to use it for surplus dealings for larger items. Any comments?

It looks rather heavy for it's size. Really what you should be looking
for if you want a trailer for a surplus business is a hydraulic drop
deck trailer. It doesn't need to be huge, but it will make your life a
lot easier since the entire deck drops down to just a few inches above
ground level and remains level. I see them used very frequently for
scissors lifts used to replace lights in grocery stores and whatnot,
easy to drive the lift on and off. In your case it would allow you to
easily get a palette jack on and off. With a small winch on the trailer
you could easily get a fully loaded 5,000# palette jack load on the
trailer.

Example:

http://ur.com/index.php/equipment/re...ailers&id=2060

Those are really cool, but this is a good alternative for less money:
http://www.pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=T6