Tom M.

Default Tenoning jig advice needed

BM Cooper wrote in message ...
Hi everyone. I'm trying to determine which after-market tenoning jigs will
work with Craftsman miter slots. I know, I know, everyone is jealous of my
table saw, but it's NOT for sale. (grin) For what it's worth - It's about 3
years old and a (relatively speaking) "higher" end contractor saw (for
Craftsman).

It seems to me that the Delta won't work... Is this true? Any help as to
what might work well would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also looking for advice on a good bench top mortiser. Thanks for your
help! Ben

Yes, the newer Craftsman saws are Ryobi made (yeah, I know) and have
standard T-slots, which will work with the Delta tenoning jig, and
probably any other brand. The older Emerson made Craftsman saws had
slightly narrower slots, and I don't think they were T-slots. I'm not
positive when the transition year was, but I think it was around 1999
or 2000. If your Craftsman saw is left tilt, as is mine, make sure the
tenoning jig you buy will work with a left tilt saw. My Delta jig is
the deluxe model (don't know the model # at the moment) and can be
switched for left tilt, but I'm not sure if the regular Delta model
can be switched.

Tom