Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default I want my own 100 gallon propane tank.

On Sep 15, 3:34*pm, (Larry W) wrote:
In article ,

Jon Danniken wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
willshak wrote:
Actually, propane scares the **** out of me.

It does the same to a lot of people and yet all those people think
nothing about riding around for hours on top of 10-20 gallons of
gasoline.

The gasoline itself isn't that dangerous, it's the air and fuel vapor
mixture in the tank that is the explosive part. *They build bombs using that
concept, and they are the most powerful bombs made short of a nuke.

Jon

Who is "They" and can you give an example of a powerful bomb that uses
an "air and fuel vapor mixture" as the explosive?

--
* * *The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation
* * *with the average voter. * * * * * * * * (Winston Churchill)

* Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf. lonestar. org

This topic has come up before on a.h.r

FAE is well know in military circles.

All one needs is the mixture of air (oxygen) and a suitable fuel and
an ignition source.

Fuel can be any combustible liquid or combustible solid of fine enough
particles
(hence the danger of empty grain silos or fine wood dust in your shop)

FAE is why the 100ml (3 oz) liquid limit for airline carry on and why
they want to be able to see the stuff.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/fae.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9xCgNdZPKk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermobaric_weapon