Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default (OT) Turn the TV off......

On Sep 14, 12:02*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Robert Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message news:Ld2dnfnOjq-

Iraq cost you close to $1 trillion dollars. *What did you get for
spending that treasure?

Aside from satisfaction?

Do you get much satisfaction at having to withdraw from AfRaq after
10 years of war with very little to show for it? *I don't because I
know it's one of the reasons we're deep in debt and will be for a
very long time.

Admittedly, some of the positive results are intangible. For example,
there's probably not a military commander, from sergeant to three-star, who
hasn't led men in combat. You don't get that kind of experience at the
bottom of a CrackerJacks box.

I think having to pull out after 10 years with the
enemy still quite active in Kabul and Baghdad just makes us look we.

After 250 years we still have burglars and armed robbers right here in River
City. We can't get them all, but we can reduce their impact to what John
Kerry called "a nusiance factor."

When the magic war fairy shows up to pick up the tab I'll be somewhat
satisfied, but basically, we mortgaged ourselves up to our eyeballs
going after a country that had very little, if anything, to do with
9/11. *Those terrorists were almost to a man Saudi Arabian, one of
our "dearest" allies.

Yep. There was a miscalculation at the get-go. Some felt that with the
roaring economy, we could afford the wars. What was left out of the formula
was the possibility that Democrats would take over the Congress and/or the
presidency.

I'm with you on Saudi Arabia. I think we should declare their oil fields a
"World Resource," step in, by threats of force, and administer the petroleum
extraction in a fair, equitable, and cheap manner.

You really are a thickwit aren't you? Any attempt by America to invade
SA (centre of the muslim world) would result in a deluge of
"terrorist attacks"
And you can't even cope with one.