Posted to alt.home.repair
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default How can I tell a wood-cutting bandsaw blade from a metal cutting one?

On Sep 12, 9:13*pm, micky wrote:
It's been so long snce I put a new blade on my home bandsaw, I don't
remember if it's for cutting metal or wood. *I should have put a label
on the saw, but didn't (because I used to remember such things.)

*Now I have some steel to cut, and I need to know! *How can I tell a
wood-cutting bandsaw blade from a metal cutting one?

Unless you can slow down your bandsaw or are cuting soft stock like
aluminum , you are likely to just strip the teeth off the blade.